During daily credit card reconciliation, you may notice a failed VOID by the payment card’s issuing bank.
When a cashier cancels the checkout process during the payment tender process, all credit card payment amounts that have been completed and approved for that customer will be automatically resubmitted to the store’s credit card platform as VOIDS. The VOID will cancel the prior approval(s). However, if the card processing platform did not respond to the VOID, it probably did not process it. A failed VOID has these characteristics:
- The charge appears in the credit card platform’s report.
- The charge does not appear in Paladin’s daily credit card report.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the Reports module.
- In the Report Area pane, click Sales Analysis, and then click What I Need To Know.
- In the Report List pane, click Transaction Report.
- In the Choose Report pane, click F12 Next.
- In the Transaction Report window, in the Report Settings pane, in the Invoice Date row, enter dates in the Beginning and Ending boxes.
- In the Report Settings pane, enter beginning and ending dates for any other data that you want in your report.
- In the Additional Settings pane, in the Payment Method list, select Credit Card.
- In the text box next to the Keyword Search list, enter this: VOID
- In the Sorting Options pane, click F12 Run Report.
- VOIDS to a credit card will be refunded to the account by the issuing bank almost immediately.
- VOIDS to a debit card may not be refunded to the account by the issuing bank for several days.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.