- Create an invoice import file using the process described in How to create an invoice transaction file that you can import into Paladin Point of Sale.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the Maintain menu, click Data Viewer.
- In the Paladin POS Data Viewer window, click Invoices.
- On the Invoices tab, click the Import tab.
- Click the ellipsis (…) next to the Read File box, and then select the file that you want to import.
- Click Read File to start the data validation process.
- If data appears in the Errors pane or an error window appears, find and correct the issues. Then click Read File to try again. You may have to do this multiple times.To open the error information in an Excel spreadsheet, click Save. You must have Microsoft Office 2007 or later to open the error information in Excel. Look for any of the following issues:
- Correct column names or XML tag names that match the template download file.
- Correct data values. Make sure that you use the data format that appears in the template download file.
- Well-formed XML. Use an XML file validator to make sure your XML is valid. XML issues, such as missing or unmatched start or end tags, can cause an XML file import to fail.
- When the file validation succeeds, data appears in the Invoice, Invoice Item, and Invoice Payment panes, and a message will appear that indicates how many invoices were read.
- In the Invoice pane, click Save to view, verify, and optionally save the information before you process the upload.
- In the Invoice Item pane, click Save to view, verify, and optionally save the information before you process the upload.
- In the Invoice Payment pane, click Save to view, verify, and optionally save the information before you process the upload.
- When you have verified the invoice information, and are ready to import it, click Process. A message will appear that indicates that the import is complete.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.
*Content is subject to change. For the most recent version, visit the Help Portal.
Printed on: 7/24/21