Manager or higher credentials are required to make these changes.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the Maintain menu, click DataViewer.
- Click the Invoices tab.
- On the Invoices tab, on the View tab, specify the search criteria for the invoices that you want to edit, and then click Get Data.
- Change any of the following invoice values:
- Transaction date and time (DateTime)
- Purchase order number or memo (PO_Number)
- Project name (Project)
- Click Save, and then close the DataViewer.
If you change the date and time value (DateTime), a note is added to the original invoice about the change including the original date, when it was changed, and what employee made the change.
Warning: Changes to the invoice DateTime value (transaction date and time) can cause accounting complications, such as:
- Comparative Revenue report values for reports created before and after the DateTime change may no longer match.
- General ledger values from before and after the DateTime change may no longer match.
- You may have problems reconciling cash, inventory and accounts receivable amounts.
- A customer’s purchase from a previous month-end statement may re-appear on their current month-end statement after the DateTime change. This discrepancy will confuse the customer and create a poor customer experience.
Similar issues can occur when you change the PO_number (PO number or memo) and Project (project name) values because store records will no longer match the original invoices, receipts and statements.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.