If a revenue agent attempts to collect sales tax on tax-exempt sales, you will need to provide detailed customer information.
You can choose one of these settings for documentation:
- Default setting: At checkout, when a customer account is not specified and tax is removed from an item, a message will appear and request the customer’s name, address, and ID (driver’s license number or tax certification number).This information is stored and printed on all receipts and invoices.
- Optional setting: At checkout, you can also print the terms and conditions of your sales tax-exemption policy and require the customer’s signature as proof of agreement with the policy.
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- In the Paladin Configuration window, click the Taxes tab.
- In the Tax Exemption section, select Require Signature for Tax Exemption.
- In the Exemption Receipt box, enter your tax exemption policy and requirements.You can enter up to 510 characters.
- Click Close, and then click Save.
- The tax exemption will appear on all subsequent sales receipts.
- Inventory items and non-taxable departments will not be affected.
*Content is subject to change. For the most recent version, visit the Help Portal.
Printed on: 3/19/18