Note: Before you can follow this procedure, the sale list must be created. See KBA: How to create a sale list.
- Open Excel.
- Open a blank workbook.
- In the upper left corner of the workbook, right-click the triangle symbol, click Format Cells.
- Click the Number tab, select Text, and then click OK. This format allows you to enter zeroes as prefixes to numbers.
- In the A1 cell, enter Part number as one word.
- In the B1 cell, enter Price.
- For each column that you want to expand, click between two column headers.The left column will turn gray and the cross symbol will appear. Drag the cross symbol to the right.For example, you may want to expand column A, so that Part number fits.
- In the A2 cell, enter a part number.For example, enter 12345.
- In the B2 cell, enter a price for the part number. For example: enter 19.99.
- For each additional part number, enter it in a cell in column A.
- For each additional price, enter it in a cell in column B.
- Click the File menu, click Save As, browse to the location where you want to save the file, enter a name for the worksheet in the File name box, select Text (Tab delimited) in the Save as type list, and then click Save.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- In the Paladin Configuration window, click the Sale List tab.
- In the Sales pane, select the sale that you want to import items into, and then click Import.
- In the Import Sale List window, browse to the folder that contains the file that you created earlier.
- In the File name list, select the file that you want to import, and then click Open.
- When the file has been imported, it will appear in the Sale Items pane in Paladin Point of Sale.
*Content is subject to change. For the most recent version, visit the Help Portal.
Printed on: 3/17/18