The Accounting Summary Report provides a real-time, itemized snapshot by customer of account balances, past-due balances, the last account payment, and more.
Note: Although you can manually create the report, as of build 5124 and later, the Account Summary report is automatically generated when the Month End Statement report is run. For more information, refer to: Month End Statement Process
The following totals appear for all customer accounts at the end of the report:
Taxable Sales: Total of all taxable sales that were charged to a customer account.
IMPORTANT: This value includes the Sales Tax Applied total (see description below).
- Non-Taxable Sales: Total of all non-taxable sales charged to a customer account. Non-taxable sales include:
- Purchased items that are marked Non-taxable in the Inventory module > Pricing tab by clearing the Taxable checkbox.
- Purchased items that were marked non-taxable at checkout by clearing the Tax checkbox for that line item.
- Purchases that did not incur a tax because of the customer’s tax settings.
- Purchases that did not incur a tax because the tax settings were changed at checkout via the Tax [F6] feature on the bottom ribbon.
Partial Payments: Total of all payments made that were less than transaction total. For example, if a customer charged $10.00 to their account and they made a payment of $7.00, $7.00 will be added to this total.
Unused Payments: Total of customer payments that were greater than the transaction total. For example, if a customer charged $10.00 to there account and made a payment of $15.00, $5.00. will be added to the unused payment total.
This amount does not include returns.
- This amount does not reduce the Taxable or Non-Taxable totals.
Service Charges: Total amount of service charges that were applied to past due balances when you run statements.
Sales Tax Applied: Total amount of sales tax collected.
IMPORTANT: The Sales Tax Applied amount is included in the Taxable Sales total described above.
To create the report:
- In Paladin, on the top ribbon, select the Reports module.
- In the Report tab, in the Report Area pane, select Accounts Receivable > Accounting Reports.
- In the Reports List pane, click Accounting Summary Report.
- In the Choose Report pane, click F12 Next.
- In the Accounting Summary Report window, in the Report Settings pane, set your search criteria.
- In the Sorting Options pane, click F12 Run Report.
An Account Summary Report PDF file will open.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.