The Accounting Summary Report provides a real-time, itemized snapshot by customer of account balances, past-due balances, the last account payment, and more.
The following totals appear for all customer accounts at the end of the report:
Taxable Sales: Total of all taxable sales that were charged to a customer account.
IMPORTANT: This value includes the Sales Tax Applied total (see description below).
- Non-Taxable Sales: Total of all non-taxable sales charged to a customer account. Non-taxable sales include:
- Purchased items that are marked Non-taxable in the Inventory module > Pricing tab by clearing the Taxable checkbox.
- Purchased items that were marked non-taxable at checkout by clearing the Tax checkbox for that line item.
- Purchases that did not incur a tax because of the customer’s tax settings.
- Purchases that did not incur a tax because the tax settings were changed at checkout via the Tax [F6] feature on the bottom ribbon.
Partial Payments: Total of all payments made that were less than transaction total. For example, if a customer charged $10.00 to their account and they made a payment of $7.00, $7.00 will be added to this total.
Unused Payments: Total of customer payments that were greater than the transaction total. For example, if a customer charged $10.00 to there account and made a payment of $15.00, $5.00. will be added to the unused payment total.
This amount does not include returns.
- This amount does not reduce the Taxable or Non-Taxable totals.
Service Charges: Total amount of service charges that were applied to past due balances when you run statements.
Sales Tax Applied: Total amount of sales tax collected.
IMPORTANT: The Sales Tax Applied amount is included in the Taxable Sales total described above.
To create the report:
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the Reports module.
- In the Report tab, in the Report Area pane, click Accounts Receivable.
- In the Accounts Receivable list, click Accounting Reports.
- In the Reports List pane, click Accounting Summary Report.
- In the Choose Report pane, click Next or press F12.
- In the Sorting Options pane, click Run Report or press F12.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.