If you have customers with purchases who want to pay over time, you can schedule automatic payments and not worry about managing the customer’s balance. By offering a fixed number of payments on large purchases, you can make your customers happy and increase your sales opportunities. When the Wells Fargo ACH payment plan for a customer is set up, the monthly plan payments will be automatically deposited in your checking account. It’s a win-win situation for everyone. You don’t need to worry about getting paid, and the payment strategy is clear to both you and your customer.
- You must have an account with Wells Fargo.
- You must contact Paladin Support to turn on the Wells Fargo ACH feature in Paladin Point of Sale.
This article includes the following procedures:
- How to verify that the customer is set up for ACH payments
- How to set up the payment plan for the customer
- How to view the payment plan invoices
How to verify that the customer is set up for ACH payments
To create a payment plan for a customer, the Paladin customer account must have ACH information on file. To verify this, do the following:
- In the Customers module, view the customer account, and then click the Electronic tab.
- In the ACH Check pane, if the customer’s bank information appears, s/he is set up for ACH payments.
How to set up the payment plan for the customer
- View the customer’s account.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Account Payment or press F5.
- In the Account Payment window, select Schedule ACH payments.
- In the Schedule ACH Payments pane, enter the payment plan details.
- In the Total amount to pay box, enter the total amount to be paid by the payment plan.
- In the Number of payments list, select the number of monthly payments for the payment plan. You can select from 2 to 24 months.
- In the First payment box, enter the initial payment amount. This payment will be processed on the same day that you put the payment schedule in place.
Note: When you enter the payment plan details, calculated payment amounts will appear in the Payment Plan The calculated values will adjust as you change the plan details.
- To initiate the payment plan, click Schedule or press F12.
- In the Schedule Payments window, a confirmation message will appear. Click OK to initiate the payment plan and schedule the payments.
- Invoices for all scheduled payments will be created. On the date of each invoice, the corresponding payment will be automatically transferred to your Wells Fargo bank.
- Payments are intended to occur on the same day each month. If one of these dates falls on a weekend, Paladin Point of Sale will automatically adjust the date to a weekday.
How to view the payment plan invoices
- In the Customers module, view the customer account.
- On the Credit tab, click the Customer Friendly magnifying glass.
- In the Recent Sales History viewer, ACH payments will appear in the list with these column values:
- PO #: Payment
- Pmt Type: ROAACH
- To view an ACH payment invoice, click its magnifying glass.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.