Note: You can use this process for items in your active and obscure inventory, and for other items.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the Invoice/Quote module.
- Optional: In the Customers list, select the customer.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Advanced Lookup or press F1.
- Click the Special Order tab.
- In the Order Number box, enter or scan the part number, and then click Find to search your active and obscure inventory.
If the item is found, the Description, Cost and Sale Price boxes will be filled in automatically. Select a Supplier, enter the Qty to Order, and then select a Desired Date on Hand. Then proceed to the next step.
If the item was not found, enter special order item information in these boxes, and then proceed to the next step.
- Description 1
- Description 2 (optional)
Note: The final cost will be determined when the item is received from the supplier.
- Sale Price
- Qty to Order
- Desired Date on Hand
- Optional: If you want to add items that do not require a purchase order, select the Do not create POs for any item past this point checkbox.
Important: Add all the items that require a purchase order first. When you select this option, the special order will be added and this note will appear after it on the invoice Nothing below this point will generate a Purchase Order
- Press F8 or click F8 Finish. The Advanced Lookup window will close and the special order invoice will appear.
- To add additional special order items, repeat steps 4-7.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Store Transaction.
- In the Store Transaction window, select Special Order.
- Optional: In the Memo box, enter a memo. This can help you locate the purchase order or special order later.
- Click F12 Store. When you store the special order, this happens:
- If a customer is not selected, you will be prompted to enter a customer name and phone number. This information will be added to the special order and purchase order(s).
- If a customer is not selected for the invoice and the Allow Special Orders to Create Customers option is selected in Paladin Configuration, a new customer is created in the Customers module from the information that you enter.
- A name for the special order will be automatically created in this format:
<customer ID>-<customer name>-<stored date and time>
Note: If the customer is not in your database, the customer ID is 0
- Every item quantity on the special order is designated as On Hold, and the quantity is deducted from Stock On Hand.
- A purchase order is created for every item on the special order above the DO not create POs for any item past this point The purchase order name will have this format:
SO-<supplier>-<customer>-<stored date and time>
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.