The Sales Tax Details report provides state, county and city tax details by invoice line item and includes a tax summary with taxable and non-taxable sales totals. The report opens as an Excel worksheet and can be created for a period of up to 31 days.
- On the top ribbon, click the Reports module.
- In the Report Area pane, click Sales Analysis, and then click What I Need To Know.
- In the Report List, click Sales Tax Details.
- In the Choose Report pane, click Next or press F12.
- In the Sales Tax Details window, in the Report Settings pane, in the Invoice Date row, specify a date range for 31 days or less.
- Optional: In the Additional Settings pane, if you want to include line items that are notes, select the Show invoice notes checkbox.
- In the Sorting Options pane, click Run Report or press F12.
- In the lower right corner, watch the progress bar, and wait for this message: Report Complete.
- To see the Sales Tax Details Report, open the downloaded Excel icon in your task bar.
Note: If you need tax details to support an audit, contact Paladin Support (800-725-2346 or email@example.com).
Example: Line items details in the Sales Tax Details report:
Example: Tax summary with taxable and non-taxable totals is included at the bottom of the worksheet:
The following information will help you understand the tax summary values:
- The Totals values match the Comparative Revenue report revenue and tax totals.
- The Total Taxable Sales and Non-Taxable Sales values break down the taxable and non-taxable sale totals for each tax type, and are the sum of individual line items.
- Each value in the last row is the sum of all taxes collected (State Tax, County Tax and City Tax) and the column’s Total Taxable Sales and Non-Taxable Sales values.
The Sales Tax Details report complements the Comparative Revenue report, which calculates taxable and non-taxable values by line item, instead of by invoice.
Example: Sales tax details for each tax type (state, city, etc.) with the following conditions:
- The taxable sales total is the sum of the line items that were taxed.
- The non-taxable sales total is the sum of the line items that were not taxed.
Note: When you run the Sales Tax Details report, the following message may appear:
If you click OK or press F8 to continue with the report, a note will appear at the bottom of the spreadsheet, and State, County and City Tax totals will not reflect all sales and may be zero (0).
Note: When you run the Comparative Revenue Report, a message appears below the SALES TAX DETAILS table. Paladin Point of Sale will also estimate and itemized sales tax amounts. These estimates will appear with a tilde (~).
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.