When you create a purchase order for an inventory item that has a supplier ratio, specify the order amount in the units that you use to sell the item. For example, if you sell an item in your store by the foot, but you purchase the item from the supplier by the spool, you would enter the number of feet you want to order. The supplier ratio will take care of the conversion, and the purchase order sent to the supplier will show how many spools you need.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the P.O. module.
- In the Supplier list, select the supplier.
- In the Part Number box, enter the part number that you want to order, and then press Enter.
- In the Purchase Order tab, in the Quantity box, enter how many items that you want to order in the units that you sell them.
Example: If you sell wire in units of feet and the supplier sells wire by the spool, specify the number of feet that you want to purchase.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Confirm P.O.
- In the Confirm P.O. tab, on the bottom ribbon, click Print Test Copy, and then verify that the order quantity that you specified was converted to the supplier’s units.
Example: If you purchase wire from the supplier in spools and sell it by the foot, then verify that the final purchase order correctly converted from the number of feet to the number of spools and that the supplier price is accurate.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.