This procedure shows you how to manually create and export a general ledger summary from Paladin.
Tip Paladin integrates with QuickBooks, Sage 50cloud and Dynamics GP to automatically transfers the day’s general ledger activity summary to your accounting software each night. Learn more
- Open Paladin.
Recommended: If you have not entered account number 7 with a from your accounting software into Paladin, we recommend that you do–especially if you will be importing the data into your general ledger/chart of accounts. Follow the instructions for your accounting program.
- QuickBooks: How to set up Paladin Point of Sale to export to QuickBooks
- Other accounting programs: How to add accounting software account names/numbers to the GL Summary Report
- On the Maintain menu, and then click Data Viewer.
- In the Paladin POS Data Viewer, click the GL Summary tab.
- In the Date Range boxes, select a date range for your data.
- Optional: Select Show by Department to view revenue itemized by department. This option is best for viewing or saving the data, and is not recommended if you will be importing the file into an accounting program.
- Optional: Select Include $0 Amounts in Export to include accounting categories with $0 amounts in the export file. By default, $0 amounts are not included in the export.
Note: This option requires Paladin Release 2021-D or build 4510 which is not in all stores.
- Click Get Data. The data will appear in the Totals Balance pane.
Tip: To learn more about these general ledger data values, see Overview: Paladin Accounting (General Ledger) categories
- To export the data, in the Export list, select a format for exporting the data.
- QuickBooks: Select the QuickBooks version. If your QuickBooks version is not listed, select Tab Delimited.
- Tab Delimited: Select for other accounting programs or to view the data in Excel.
- Tab Delimited With Dates: This option adds the store name and date range of the summary at the beginning of the export file. If you view the export file in Excel, this information will appear in the first row. This option is not recommended if you will be importing the file into an accounting program.
- Click Export.
- In the Save As window, browse to the location where you want to save the file.
- In the File name box, enter a name for the file.
- Verify that the export file type is correct:
- Quick Book Files: Select for QuickBooks exports.
- Text (.txt) Files: Select for tab-delimited exports.
- Click Save.
- Optional: Import the file into your accounting software.
Paladin accounting software integrations
To learn more about how you can automatically transfer the day’s accounting totals into your accounting software, view the overview for your accounting program.
- Overview: QuickBooks integration
- Overview: Sage 50cloud Accounting Integration
- Overview: Dynamics GP Accounting Integration
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.