A negative balance occurs when you have to write off a debt owed by a customer.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the Customers module.
- In the Customers tab, in the Customer list, select the customer.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Account Payment or press F5.
- In the Totals pane, in the Discount Allowed box, enter the negative amount with a negative sign, a dollar sign, and decimal points.
- Make sure to clear the payment box, so double charges do not occur.
- Click F12 Accept. The Discount Amount pop-up window will appear with this message: Does the Discount amount represent a normal Discount being used?
- Click No.
- In the Totals pane, in the Check # box, enter an explanation.
- Click F12 Accept.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Save or press F12.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Content is subject to change. For the most recent version, visit the Help Portal.
Printed on: 8/04/21