- On the top ribbon, click the Customers module.
- Search for and display the customer account.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Taxes or press F8.
- In the Tax Window, in the State column, select None, and then click Finish or press F12.
- Click the Electronic tab.
- In the Alternate Customer IDs pane, in the Tax Exempt Code list, select the customer’s tax exempt code.
Tax exempt codes
A – Federal government (United States)
B – State government (United States)
C – Tribe / Status Indian / Indian Band (both)
D – Foreign diplomat (both)
E – Charitable or benevolent org (both)
F – Religious or educational org (both)
G – Resale (both)
H – Commercial agricultural production (both)
I – Industrial production / manufacturer (both)
J – Direct pay permit (United States)
K -Direct mail (United States)
L – Other (both)
M – Not Used
N -Local government (United States)
O – Not Used
P – Commercial aquaculture (Canada)
Q – Commercial Fishery (Canada)
R – Non-resident (Canada)
- Click Save or press F12.
Note: If a customer’s State Tax value is not None, and you set a tax-exempt code, you cannot save the changes, and a message will appear.
About Avalara AvaTax™
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.