To learn more about reference margins, view our webinar: The many uses for reference margin
- Verify that the reference margin feature is be set up. To learn more, see How to set up the reference margin feature
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the Inventory module.
- Find and view the item that you want to edit.
Note: To learn more, see: How to use Advanced Lookup to find an inventory item
- Click the Pricing tab.
- In the Pricing Levels pane, in the Ref column, enter the reference margin percentage as a whole number without a percent sign.
- Make sure the Pricing Levels pane is NOT locked (lock is open). If the Pricing Levels pane is locked, EDI and manual receiving processes cannot apply the reference margin or update the retail price.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Save.
- When you set a reference margin, retail prices are calculated based on last received cost.
- If you entered a freight cost during receiving, the retail price based on the reference margin will be computed using the last received cost, including the portion of the distributed freight cost.
Supplier cost per item: $10.00
Distributed freight per item: $0.05
Reference margin: 50
Retail price = $20.10
Also note that in the Inventory module, on the Order Control tab, the Last Cost value does NOT include freight cost. In our example the Last Cost on the Order Control tab would be 10.00. However, the Avg Cost value on the same tab will average in the cost with freight, $10.05.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.