Occasionally, you sell items in larger quantities than they are bought. This is a reverse supplier ratio.
For example, you may buy cans of paint individually from the supplier, but sell them in bundles of two.
|Supplier sells item by||One unit from the supplier equals||Size/quantity sold in store||Order quantity
|Reverse supplier ratio|
|Bottle||1 bottle||2 can bundle||2||1|
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- Click the Invoice (Store) tab.
- Scroll to the Default Invoice Quantity Handling pane, select the Default to Largest Pricing Quantity when added to Invoices checkbox.
- Click Save, and then click Close.
- On the top ribbon, click the Inventory module.
- On the Inventory tab, enter the Part # that you want to edit, and then recall it.
- Click the Order Control tab.
- In the Stock Information pane, in the Order Qty box, enter the number of supplier units that you sell as one unit, and then click the lock icon to prevent further changes.
- In the Suppliers pane, in the Sup. Ratio box, enter 1, and then click the lock icon to prevent further changes.
- Click the Pricing tab.
- In the Item Cost pane, for the item unit that you sell, enter the Avg Cost and the Mkt Cost. Paladin Point of Sale will use the supplier ratio to calculate the equivalent cost for one supplier unit.
- In the Pricing Levels pane, on line 1, in the Sale Price column, enter the retail price for the item unit that you sell.
- On line 2, in the Quantity column, enter the number of supplier units in your item unit, and in the Sale Price column, enter the same Sale Price that you entered in line 1.
Note: When you scan the item at checkout, the quantity and price will default to the values in line 2, because you set the Default to Largest Pricing Quantity when added to Invoices option in setup.
- If you want to apply a rounding scheme to automatically adjust prices to always end in values, such as .99, see Create a rounding scheme.
- Click Save.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.