A customer can have up to three credit cards on file. These steps in this article apply to the following devices:
- Ingenico isc250
- Ingenico isc350
- Ingenico isc480
- Lane 7000
- Lane 8000
How to add a credit card on file by manually entering the account number on the Ingenico all-in-one credit card device
- Open Paladin.
- Log in to the computer connected to the Ingenico device.
- In Paladin, on the top ribbon, select the Customers module.
- Select or enter a customer in the Customer list.
- Select the Electronic tab.
- In the Stored Credit Cards pane, click Edit Card Data.
- In the Credit Card Manager Window, click Add.
- The Encrypted Device Input Manager window with the message appears: Please make your entries in the attached payment terminal.
Note: You can make entries by swiping the credit card or enter the card information manually. If manually, check Manual Entry in the Device Manager window.
- Click OK.
- Click the blue Enter Card button on the Ingenico screen.
- Enter the card number, and then press the green Enter button on the Ingenico keypad.
- Enter the card’s expiration date as MM/YY, and then press the green Enter button on the Ingenico keypad.
- Enter the three-digit CVV or CID number from the back of the card, and then press the green Enter button on the Ingenico keypad.
- If AVS Status appears under No AVS Data in the Paladin Credit Card Manager window, and the account holder is there, click Update AVS.
- Ask the customer to enter their billing address number, and then press Enter.
- Ask the customer to enter the ZIP Code on the Ingenico keypad, and then press Enter.
- If No Match appears under AVS status in the Credit Card Manager window, the information was entered incorrectly, or there is no AVS information available for that card.
- Try steps 10-13 again to determine if the information was entered incorrectly.
- To save the correct information, click F12 Finish.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Content is subject to change. For the most recent version, visit the Help Portal.
Printed on: 6/24/22