In the Invoice/Quote module, you can require that a manually-entered discount respects the department’s minimum-allowed margin when you use the F4 Discount feature. If you specify a discount that would lower the margin below your minimum margin, the price is set using the minimum margin.
To respect the minimum margin when you discount highlighted items on an invoice, click F4 Discount. Then, set your desired discount and select the Respects Minimum Margin option. The option to require minimum margin protection can be selected by default in Paladin Configuration (see steps below), and, when selected, will require manager approval to override.
When you select both Respects Minimum Margin and Apply from this point on, the discount is applied, and the minimum margin is respected, for all normal inventory items added to the invoice after you make this selection.
You can highlight multiple items in an invoice using Windows selection methods.
- To highlight a set of consecutive rows on an invoice, click the first row to highlight it. Then, scroll to the last row of the selection, press and hold the shift key and click the last row. This will highlight the first and last rows, and all rows in between.
- To highlight a set of non-consecutive rows on an invoice, click the first row to highlight it. Then, for each additional row, hold down the Ctrl key and click the row to highlight it. If you highlight a row by mistake, hold down the Ctrl key and click it again to remove it from your selection.
Be careful not to click inside the window without holding down the Shift or Ctrl key or you will lose your selection(s). Use the arrow keys or your mouse wheel to scroll through items in your invoice.
To respect the minimum margin by default when you use the F4 Discount feature in the Invoice/Quote module:
- In Paladin, from the main menu, select File > Setup.
- Select the Invoice (Store) tab.
- In the Invoice pane, check Invoice/F4 Discount Respects Minimum Margin.
- Click Save, and then click Close.
Note: If you try to change this setting in the Invoice/Quote module, the following message appears and manager credentials are required.
To respect the minimum margin when you use the F4 Discount feature in the Invoice/Quote module:
- Highlight the items on the invoice that you want to discount.
- Click F4 Discount .
- In the Discount Window, if the Respects Minimum Margin checkbox is not selected, click the checkbox to select it.
Note: If this option is selected by default, you cannot remove it without manager approval.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.