Note: If Paladin Support has set up EDI for Wallace Hardware, you can follow these procedures to send and receive EDI files for your store.
This article includes the following procedures:
- How to send a purchase order via Paladin Point of Sale
- How to receive files from Wallace Hardware
Note: Choose one of the procedures for sending a purchase order, and then follow the procedure for receiving files.
How to send a purchase order via Paladin Point of Sale
IMPORTANT: To send a purchase order directly to Wallace, you must have a Static WAN IP address that has been white-listed by Wallace. To obtain a Static WAN IP address, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and then send an email message with the Static WAN IP address to Wallace for approval.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the PO module.
- In the Purchase Order tab, in the Supplier list, select Wallace, and then add the items to the purchase order.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Confirm PO or press F8.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Buy or press F1.
- In the PO Number window, in the PO Number box, enter a preferred number or leave it blank to accept the default number, and then, click Next.
- In the PO Complete window, click Done. If a confirmation window appears, purchase orders will be automatically uploaded.
- Check your email account for a confirmation message from Wallace Hardware.
How to receive files from Wallace Hardware
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the Inventory module.
- On the bottom ribbon, click EDI or press F9.
Note: Each employee with access to EDI features will see this message: Major changes for EDI Processing. To no longer see the message, each employee can enter her/his password in the Enter your password to disable this message in the future box, and then click OK.
- In the EDI Processing window, click Download Files.
- If Wallace is the only EDI supplier, it will download and process all files.
- If the store has more than one EDI supplier, in the EDI Maintenance Processing window, select Wallace, and then click OK to download and process all files.
Note: Files will be processed in this order:
- Price Change
- Anything else
- When EDI processing is completed, click Reporting to review reports about the processed EDI files.
- To create reports in the EDI Reporting window, follow these steps:
- Select a Start Date and End Date.
- Optional: In the third unlabeled list, select the record types (EDI file types) that you want to review.
- Click Get EDI Records.
- In the list of results, you can review reports in the following ways:
- Highlight a row, and then click the magnifying glass.
- Highlight a row, and then click Generate Report.
- Click View List in Excel to show the list of reports in Excel.
- This option only shows a history list of processed EDI files for the selected record type.
- It will not show updates made to inventory items when the files were processed.
- To create this report, you must have Microsoft Office 2007 or later.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.