EDI invoice processing can now set a user-defined new-item class for items that are added to your inventory from the supplier all-item catalog. The new-item class is set in addition to the class specified by the supplier.
You can specify the new-item class in the Paladin Configuration window by selecting the Put New Inventory Items in Specified Class option and entering the class name.
Many suppliers provide an all-item catalog that can be imported into Paladin using an EDI process. While the complete catalog is stored, only items in your active inventory appear in reports or searches (unless you search for the item specifically). Catalog items that are not in active inventory are called obscure inventory items.
An obscure inventory item becomes an active inventory item in the following scenarios:
- You add the item to a purchase order.
- You receive the item when you process a purchase order.
- You view the item in the Invoice/Quote or Inventory modules.
- You scan the item using an RF unit or barcode scanner.
If you viewed an obscure item in Paladin, and did not want to make it an active inventory item, open the item in the Inventory module, and then click Delete.
To specify a class for new items, follow these steps:
- In Paladin, from the main menu, select File > Setup.
- Select the Company tab.
- In the EDI pane, check Put New Inventory Items in Specified Class and enter an existing class in the associated box. When a store receives new items using EDI, the class you specified will be assigned to the item. This is in addition to the class set by the supplier (if any).
- Click Save, and then click Close.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.