This KBA contains the following overview and procedures:
- Overview: Ace EDI processing
- How to send a purchase order to Ace Hardware
- How to process Ace Hardware EDI invoices and delayed price updates in Paladin
Overview: Ace EDI processing
Ace Hotsheets and maintenance files are automatically processed overnight
Paladin EDI automatically updates your inventory and customer data with the latest Ace Hotsheets and maintenance updates at 4 am local time with these exceptions:
- If a new price is higher, the price update will be delayed until you manually run EDI. This safeguard helps prevent a checkout price from being unexpectedly higher than the bin tag price on your store shelf.
- If a price is set by a reference margin, the item cost will be updated, but the price update will be delayed until you manually run EDI.
- Ace invoices will not be processed until you manually run EDI.
Note: Your Ace EDI price update settings in Paladin Configuration (File > Setup > Supplier tab) will always be respected. For example, if your settings only allow price updates if the price is higher, the automatic Hotsheet processing will not lower any prices.
Some manual EDI processing is still required
Ace EDI invoices must be processed manually
Note: Ace does not provide invoice numbers with the new system (build 3872 or later), so the Invoice ID column will be blank in the Reporting window.
When you run EDI to process invoices, delayed price updates are also made. To learn how, see How to process Ace Hardware EDI invoices and delayed price updates in Paladin.
How to view pending price updates
You can view the pending price increases prior to running EDI. To do this, in the EDI Processing window, before you click Download Files, click Reporting. In the EDI Reporting window, look for files with a red X in the Pending Prices column. The files contain delayed price updates.
To view a file’s delayed price details in Excel, click the its magnifying glass. In the Excel report, items with pending price updates will have an “X” in the Pending Price column. For these items, the listed retail price is the new price that will be applied when you manually run EDI processing. The current price in your inventory does not appear.
After you manually run EDI and price increases are applied, the red X icon in the Pending Price column will change to a green checkmark.
How to send a purchase order to Ace Hardware
- On the top ribbon, click the PO module or press Alt + 4.
- In the Purchase Order tab, do one of the following options:
- Create a PO.
- Recall a PO that you previously saved or that was automatically created, such as a Suggested Order PO.
Optional: If you want to sort an Ace PO by RSC availability, before you click Recall, select Supplier Stock Check. Ace Hardware must be selected for the supplier.
- In the Supplier list, select Ace Hardware.
- When you are ready to send the purchase order to Ace Hardware, on the bottom ribbon, click Confirm PO or press F8.
- Then, click Buy or press F1.
- Enter a PO number or use the default number, and then click Next.
- In the PO Complete window, click Done. Your next purchase order will automatically upload to Ace Hardware.
- Check your email account for a confirmation message from Ace Hardware.
How to process Ace Hardware EDI invoices and delayed price updates in Paladin
Note: Only price updates that increase the price (‘delayed price updates’) will be processed along with EDI invoices in this procedure.
- On the top ribbon, click the Inventory module or press ALT+ 3.
- On the bottom ribbon, click EDI or press F9.
- Click Download Files.
- If prompted, in the EDI Maintenance Processing window, select Ace Hardware, and then click OK.
- In the EDI Processing window, messages will inform you about the data being processed. Watch for messages that require your attention. For example, if a duplicate invoice is identified, EDI processing will stop until you decide whether to continue or cancel.
- When EDI file processing is complete, a Cancel Backorder window will appear, even when no backorders are present. Click Yes to complete EDI processing.
- To access EDI data reports, click Reporting.
- In the Reporting window, highlight any row, and then click Generate Report to view EDI processing details.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.