Although electronic credit card processing systems are generally reliable, issues can and will occur. To maintain accurate accounting and to catch and fix problems before they affect your business and customer relationships, you must reconcile your Paladin Point of Sale gift and credit card sales with your credit card processor’s records every business day.
The following steps show how to reconcile Paladin Point of Sale card purchases with Worldpay (formerly Vantiv) Integrated Payments. However, the overall process will be the similar for other credit card processors.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- Create the Credit Card Deposit Report for the date that you want to reconcile.
For detailed instructions, see this KBA: How to create the Credit Deposit Report
- At the end of the Credit Card Deposit Report, credit card purchase totals will be listed by type in the CARD TYPE DETAILS section.
- In your internet browser, go to https://portal.mercurypay.com/nonsecure/login.aspx, and then sign in with your Worldpay (formerly Vantiv) Integrated Payments credentials.
- On the menu, click Reports.
- In the Reports wizard table, in the row that represents your store’s main account, click Select.
- In the Please select from the eligible reports for this terminal list, click Settlement, Daily Deposits, and Statements.
- In the Transaction History menu, click Batch.
- In the Date Range boxes, enter the day after the date that was entered in the Credit Card Deposit Report, and then click Search. For example, if you ran the Credit Card Deposit Report for March 2, 2017, enter March 3, 2017.
Note: Because credit card processing occurs after midnight, the credit card transactions are typically recorded the day after purchase
- Scroll to the Batch Summary by Date table, and then scroll to the right to view the Total Sales, Returns, and Net columns.
The credit card deposit total is in the first row, in the Total section, in the Net column.
Note: When you reconcile your cash accounts with your bank statements, use these separate credit card group totals:
- Bank Card: Visa, Master Card, or Discover
- Non-Bank Card: American Express
- Your credit card purchases were reconciled if the following totals match in the Credit Card Deposit Report (step 3) and the Worldpay (formerly Vantiv) Integrated Payments Batch Summary (step 10):
- Visa, MasterCard & Discover card totals
- American Express card totals
Note: If either of these totals do not match, you must investigate further to discover the reason.
IMPORTANT. If you offer Worldpay (formerly Vantiv) gift cards, follow steps 12-18.
- On the top menu, click Reports.
- In the Reports wizard, in the row that represents your store’s main account, click Select.
- In the Please select from the eligible reports for this terminal list, click Real Time Processing Gift Card Reports.
- In the Reports by Date list, select Transaction Details.
- In the Begin Date and End Date boxes, enter the date that you used to run the Credit Card Deposit Report in step 3, and then click Run Report.
- In the Gift Transactions table, the Worldpay (formerly Vantiv) gift card total will appear in the Grand Total row, in the Purchase Amount column.
- Your gift card purchases accounts were reconciled if these values match:`
- Gift card total in the Credit Card Deposit Report (step 3)
- Worldpay (formerly Vantiv) gift card total (step 17)
Note: If these totals do not match, you must investigate further to discover the reason.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.