The automatic check deposit feature transfers check payments into your bank account, overnight, using the customer’s bank account information on file or check information entered at checkout.
During invoicing, if a customer is selected, check information must be entered only once. Afterwards, it is saved in Paladin Point of Sale for future purchases. If you maintain credit cards on file for your customers, this system will feel very familiar.
Paladin Point of Sale offers two electronic check deposit integrations:
- If you do business with Wells Fargo, Wells Fargo ACH electronic payments is the option for you.
- For everyone else, we offer Worldpay (formerly Vantiv) eCheck. You do not have to use Worldpay (formerly Vantiv) as a credit card processor to use this service.
How it works
During invoicing, when a customer pays by check, the following information is collected in the Check Processing window:
- Check #: The check number
- Name: The name on the check
- Routing #: The bank routing number
- Account #: The bank account number
When the Check Processing window appears, scan the check with your endorsement printer, and the information will be filled in automatically. If you don’t have an endorsement printer, manual entry will be required.
Tip Our Paladin-supported endorsement printer—the Star HSP 7000—saves you time and ensures that banking account information is entered correctly. It also prints your endorsement on the back of the check—all with one scan.
If the customer’s bank information is on file, it will automatically appear in the Check Processing window.
IMPORTANT: Always verify bank account information on file with the customer or compare the information with the check presented as payment.
When you click Next and complete the transaction, this will happen:
- The money will be deposited in your store’s bank account overnight.
- If a customer was selected in Paladin Point of Sale during invoicing, the check information will be saved under their name. The next time the customer pays by check, the saved bank account information on file will automatically appear in the Check Processing wincow.
Adding bank account information in the Customers module
You can also scan or enter a customer’s bank account information in the Customers module, on the Electronic tab, in the ACH Check pane.
This ACH Check pane includes these additional settings:
- Custom addenda [Wells Fargo ACH only]: Enter a note to attach to each transaction.
Consumer Account and Savings Account: By default, ACH bank account information is assumed to represent a business checking account. This default setting is not visible and does not have a checkbox. If the account is a consumer account or savings account instead of a business checking account, select the appropriate checkbox.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.